Personal Injury Lawyer Charleston | What To Do When You Get Hurt On Vacation
Personal Injury Lawyer Charleston | Going on vacation should be relaxing, entertaining, and the perfect time to reconnect with family and friends. No one ever expects to get injured on vacation, but sometimes accidents happen, and you need to know what to do whether you get into a car accident out of state or are injured at a park or tourist attraction. Take this sage advice from a personal injury lawyer in Charleston:
- Notify- When you’re injured in a business such as a retail store, amusement park, or museum, you should notify the manager on duty immediately. If you’re in a car accident, always inform the police. Reporting the injury is the first step to getting the accident resolved, and your needs met.
- Document- If you can, document the accident with your smartphone. Take pictures of your injuries, the environment the injury happened in, or the damages caused by a car accident. A personal injury attorney in Charleston can use this documentation to make sure you are compensated appropriately. This documentation should also include the contact information for all parties involved in the injury or accident and any potential witnesses.
- Seek Medical Attention- Even if your injuries seem minor, you should follow up with a medical provider as soon as possible to get a checkup. Your doctor can record any injuries you have, and the medical record is your foundation for a medical claim by your personal injury lawyer in Charleston.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider- If you are in a car accident while on vacation you’ll need to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. Some insurance companies will let you begin the claim process right there at the scene of the accident. If you have travel insurance, you can be reimbursed for some of your trips if you are injured or ill during vacation.
- You can start to have symptoms days after your accident and talking to a personal injury lawyer in Charleston can help you understand your rights and who may be liable. Your personal injury lawyer can help you navigate your claims process and get the compensation you deserve.
If you are ready to talk to a personal injury lawyer in Charleston today, call the law office of Peter David Brown at 843-971-0099.