Implied Consent and Ignition Interlock Devices
Implied Consent/Ignition Interlock Devices:
If a suspension is upheld by the Court, the operator will have the option of enrolling in the IID Program and obtaining an IID Restricted License for six (6) months for a refusal and three (3) months for a reading of 0.15 or greater.
- 1st Conviction – Six (6) months suspension
- If person refused BAC test = six (6) months IID
- BAC of 0.12 or higher = six (6) months IID (SC = 0.15 or higher)
- 2nd Conviction – Two (2) years with IID
- 3rd Conviction – Three (3) years with IID
- If third (3rd) conviction is within five (5) years of first (1st) conviction = four (4) years with IID
- 4th or Subsequent Conviction = LIFE with IID
- Eligible for a Provisional Driver’s License for First Offense DUI or DUAC, except refusal or BAC of 0.12 or higher (in SC =0.15 or higher), with no driving restrictions
- All others will receive an IID
We are familiar with all the above penalties, fines, Emma’s Law and Ignition Interlock Devices. We can help you find a provider near your residence and advise you of the fees to expect. This is just another service we provide for your clients.
Please feel free to contact us at (843) 971.0099 or contact us at Peterdavidbrown.com to learn more.
We are here to help you get back on the road quickly and legally.