After being arrested and charged with DUI, one of your first concerns will be related to getting back on the road. Driving is a privilege that most people take for granted, but they quickly realize how valuable it is once it’s gone. While the future status of your regular driver’s license will depend on the outcome of your case, we can typically get you back on the road in a matter of days by asking for a temporary alcohol license, or TAL. As a Charleston DUI attorney with plenty of experience in this field, you can trust us to get you back on the road as soon as possible. 

Making the Request

You won’t be given a temporary alcohol license automatically after your regular license has been suspended related to a DUI case. Instead, you are going to have to formally request this license, and you must do so within 30 days of your arrest. Going through this process on your own could be tricky, as there are plenty of steps to take if you hope to be successful. Leaning on the knowledge and experience of a Charleston DUI attorney like Peter David Brown will help you deal with what could otherwise be a stressful, time-consuming process. 

Focus On Your Case

It’s important to note that being approved for a temporary alcohol license does not mean you can take your DUI charges lightly. You are still facing serious charges and you need to give those charges the appropriate attention to hopefully have the case dismissed or be found not guilty. Get started working with a Charleston DUI attorney as soon as possible to build your defense and go over any details of the case that might be relevant as things proceed. Giving your chosen attorney as much time as possible to prepare is only going to aid your case. 

The Law Office of Peter David Brown is ready to serve you. For criminal defense in a wide range of areas, including DUI defense, contact our office to get started with a free consultation. Thank you for visiting and we look forward to serving you.